Saturday, March 26, 2011

Springy springy!

Argh! I typed a whole post and then went to add photos and stupid Chrome stupid crashed and made it worse by going "Aw, snap!" about it. If Google's so smart, it should know that machines pretending to be people (like those effing Westpac ATMs back home) make me ANGRY. Especially if you've just gone and lost my fricking post! Aw snap isn't even just inappropriately persony-y, it's also just kind of dickish, like Chrome is revelling in the fact that it failed. While we're on the subject of Chrome hate, why does Flash player crash EVERY FIVE MINUTES? Seriously!

Anyway, rant over, here's what I had to say...

I had a great long weekend last weekend, lucky enough to get lovely sunshine from Sunday to Tuesday (till today, actually, but it doesn't count when you're at work!) It is meant to be rainy from tomorrow into next week, but at least for once I was off work to enjoy it.

Last Friday I bought some new shoes - I was on a mission to buy summer sandals since the weather is getting nice. So, obviously, I bought heels. I wore one of the pairs to work the other day and ended up with open wounds on my heels :( I'm hoping that that's just a temporary problem until the leather softens up...


So pretty! The ribbon looks pink, but it's red - and you can swap it for a black one (or presumably whatever you like if you buy some more) which is pretty cool! It wraps around your ankle. These aren't the hurty ones (well, as far as I know), haven't had the occasion to wear them yet!



Here's the hurty ones - but they look so innocent!

Then on Saturday I checked out the Festival of Wines from Borgueil which was happening in town. Pretty sweet deal - 2 euros got you a glass and you could then taste as many wines as you liked. I had never had any wines from Borgueil before (it's a small wine region close to Tours) but I enjoyed checking them out! Still prefer the lovely Chinon rosés though, on the whole. I think my palate may have suffered a bit by the end though *cough*. I ended up buying 7 bottles of rosé, based on the impeccable criteria of 1) whether the wine tasted good and 2) whether the person selling it was nice to me. Let that be a lesson to you, vintners! I'm thinking of having a rosé party since I have so many bottles (not that I couldn't work my way through by myself, of course).


At the wine festival. I do have a photo of me at the wine festival, but since according to my mum I have looked "pale" and "waxy" in recent photos, I'm not posting it.

Sunday to Tuesday were spent mostly hanging out in the Botanic Gardens/Park, reading and enjoying the sunshine. I even had my first icecream of the season! And on Tuesday afternoon I went and had a cider sitting outside in the old town, reading and watching the world go by, very nice.

More blossoming trees in the Botanic Gardens:



And some lovely spring flowers in my very own home!


This weekend is of course the start of the F1 season for the year! This means getting up early - I woke up at 6 this morning (qualifying wasn't actually until 7). Then it turned out they weren't actually showing it on TV, grrr! It took an age, but I eventually managed to see about half of the qualifying online though... Vettel is on pole, which is not a big surprise. I am surprised at how much the McLarens have improved from practice and that the Ferraris were in pretty bad form. Early days though, it will be very interesting to see how the changes to the tyres and all the other new bits and bobs work out during the race.

Some more miscellaneous photos floating around:


Me in a new dress when we had some people over for drinks - oh and the lovely red shoes my parents brought over! Killer heels on them though, they ain't for walking!


Some of said people - me, Yann, Géraldine and Anto

The statues on the front of the Hotel de Ville. I would have called them caryatids, but apparently only female figures are caryatids, and males are telamones or atlantes (singular, atlas).





And here's a photo from last year of the Hotel de Ville itself, in case you've forgotten what it looks like (or never knew...) It's kind of hard to see the statues from far away, they are on the bottom level :




Awwwwww Maya gets caught out by those sneaky paparazzi in a compromising position! Still manages to wink seductively like the trooper she is though :D

1 comment:

  1. Your cat is just like your shoes - innocent look then next thing open wounds. (i'm talking about the mutant by the way).
    Love the waxy photos!

    ReplyDelete

Feed the Comment Monster! Rawrrrr

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.