Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Dear me

Man, I turned my back on the kiddies for one minute to rub things off the board and one of them punched the other and made him cry. Wouldn't have minded except there was about 1 minute to the end of class, and I didn't want to look like the worst teacher ever sending a wailing child out to meet its parents. Ha, that makes me sound like the worst teacher ever in itself! The child at least dried its eyes, but I have every expectation that it'll report the incident to its parents, d'oh! This is the stupid class where I've already been told off twice - my stupid Local Organiser (who runs the school) told me AGAIN today to make sure I check homework - which pissed me off even more because I told her more than once the other day that I do check the flipping homework, what does she not believe me? Made sure I wrote on all the kiddies' homework today, although I felt like a sell-out doing it just to show that I'd checked the freaking stuff. Ah, ramble ramble.

9 comments:

  1. down with kids!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kids need praise (or at least a red tick!) - oh well, in fact, everyone needs praise really....
    But mostly remember you're marking for the PARENTS rather than the kids - they're are the anxious ones (prepared to pay the money) wanting 'the best' for their little Boris and Svetlinka (Svetlinka??). Maybe buy a packet of gold stars and you'll never get told off by the organiser again!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The POINT is I DO check the homework! They get praise!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah, but do the kids know you check it if there's no little tick???

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes - I say "show me your homework" and they do. What could be clearer?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your banter made me laugh almost as much as the story! Mother and daughter:-) No sun for all that time? it's a wonder they don't all get rickets. Yes, Gold Stars for Xmas sounds perfect. Merry Xmas and enjoy the break.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Is that you Vick? \how did you know it was mother/daughter hmmm, that obvious eh??????

    ReplyDelete

Feed the Comment Monster! Rawrrrr

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.