Monday, May 17, 2010

Settling in

Eventually had to upload these last photos one by one cos it wasn't a happy camper. But look, my room in all its glory!



The bed corner. The bed that I built! And have managed to (dress?) like a grown-up despite buying one duvet that was too small. Success!



The window



The clothesy corner



The desky corner. For those of you who are good at counting, yes there's a secret 4th corner which is not pictured cos right now it has suitcases and junk in it but will hopefully shortly house a chest of drawers once I figure out how to obtain one from Ikea



The photowall is up - posters pending getting them flattened out again



Collapsible laundry basket! This may be the greatest thing mankind has ever created



I built a clothesrack thing!



And a bedside table - without instructions!



Went to the fair on Saturday night, here's how it looked from the Ferris Wheel



And again



And here's a scary ride I went on, I think it goes up like 60 metres and goes 90 km/hr but could be wrong. You go upside down though, that I know



Walking by the Loire, mainly took this cos it reminded me of the landscape in Nord-Pas-de-Calais, although here there's a river and there's a main road just up the bank instead of a zillion more fields. Photos of NPdC for comparison here



Old house somewhere in Tours



The Loire again



And more Loire



Church near my house - if you look carefully, you can see an old lady wearing a beret and coming up to a zimmerframe traffic jam



The Cher, just for a change

9 comments:

  1. Loved the zimmerframe traffic jam. If you click on the photo it enlarges and you can see it clearly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - you built that all by yourself? I don't beleeeve it! There must be almost 5 (i.e. 4) pieces of wood in it and I bet there were at least 10 screws to fasten.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good job I can see moi in the photowall....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ranch? There's like a million of you if so

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know another million or so like Ranch, (otherwise known as blowflies).

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry for accusing you of having a pink duvet - looks lovely in any case...

    ReplyDelete
  7. ummm i only just looked at this now. WHO is likening poor ranchie to a blowfly??!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Rancho relaxo! Who do you think? Gotta be deeardy

    ReplyDelete

Feed the Comment Monster! Rawrrrr

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.