Let's join hands across the world and wish a very happy birthday to my bestest friend, Ranch. Incidentally, this is (by my count) our 15th year of being BFF. You can add another 4 years or so in which we knew each other but weren't friends, cos "she was in the rabbit club and I was a snob".
Reasons you've gotta love her:
- No-one else appreciates playing a cracking round of "oh yeah, oh nah" (best game ever!)
- She's most probably the only person in the world who thinks the (inaccurate) retort "shut up, your mum doesn't have a womb" is the way to win any argument
- She always calls you even though you don't ever call her (sorry)
- She's incapable of keeping any secret without pulling a sly Jeavan Bowley face, dropping extremely broad hints and going "Eh, Gwan?" (often actually accompanied with nudges and winks). She's less 'the vault' than 'the sieve'.
- No-one else can cheer me up by making fun of me and calling me cruel names in quite the same way
- She (usually) knows when it's time to stop with the cutting remarks (when Gwan's mad face and pursed lips come out to play)
- Somehow, whenever I say anything along the lines of 'nah whatever x is totally not true' she makes it so and then is all 'I told you so' for the next zillion years
- Sh-she know how to drive a train. See photographic evidence, above
- Cos she's cool and totally in line to be a face model
Love you long time ranch, have a wicked birthday miss you heaps xxx Gwan